Although I pride myself on being a frugalista and cringe at the thought of paying more than $5 for a shirt, I didn’t hesitate to shell out just over $100 for a juicer recently. Why, you ask? Subsequent to reading about the benefits of juicing and its natural healing properties, I couldn’t resist. (Also keep in mind that you can’t put a price tag on excellent health!) So without further ado, I wanted to pass along a little information about juicing and why you, too, should consider investing in a juicer!
When you extract the juice of a fruit or vegetable, the result is a high concentration of minerals, antioxidants, vitamins and enzymes. Put simply, juicing is a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
Now let’s get to the best part – the benefits of juicing!
- improves the digestive system
- assists in weight loss
- detoxifies the liver
- helps the immune system stay at its peak
- flushes toxins from the body
- increases the concentration of cancer-fighting phytochemicals in the body
- revs your energy level
- best of all – it’s 100% natural! (plus gluten-free, raw and vegan!)
One of my favorite juice combos – carrot, apple & ginger (and sometimes I like to throw a beet in there for good measure!)
When juicing, it’s important to…
- Use organic produce whenever possible (you don’t want to be consuming pesticides).
- Wash the produce. Even if it’s organic, it is still important to wash your produce before consuming it to get rid of any dirt residue or bacteria from other people handling it.
- Drink immediately after making for the most optimal nutritional benefits (the antioxidants and other phytonutrients start to break down almost immediately once they are exposed to light and air).
- Compost the leftover pulp, or use it in various recipes, so that nothing goes to waste!
All in all, juicing is an easy way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition resulting in a wide array of health perks.
So I’d love to know – what are your thoughts on juicing? Would you consider buying a juicer?