While indoor plants serve as a nice way to freshen up the look of a room, did you know they have a lot of health benefits, too? Here are just a few convincing reasons for why you should consider making a trip to your local Gerten’s and pick up some plants!
- Plants can help fight colds and fatigue
- Plants can remove airborne contaminants and a variety of toxic air emissions including ammonia, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, benzene, xylene and trichloroethytene
- Plants absorb carbon dioxide and emit oxygen, ultimately improving air quality
- Plants are natural humidifiers
- Plants can improve productivity
- Plants have been shown to increased positive feelings and reduce feelings of anxiety, anger and sadness
Considering how low-cost most indoor plants are in addition to the benefits listed above, I can’t really find any good reason not to invest in some indoor plants!