I am currently on a shake/smoothie kick and let me tell you, I’ve concocted one that can’t be beat! This particular protein shake is great for a quick breakfast to fuel your morning, or awesome as a post-workout meal.
Don’t let the spinach or flaxseed scare you away – this filling, nutrient-dense shake is comparable to a dessert (and no I’m not just saying that). I mean, how can you go wrong with a chocolate, peanut butter and banana combo?!
Tasty as it is healthy, this is a recipe you won’t want to pass up!
Makes approximately one 16-oz serving.
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 cup almond milk (I like unsweetened vanilla) or other non-dairy milk
– 1/2 cup quick oats
– 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice
– 2 Tbs. chunky peanut butter OR almond butter
– 1 cup spinach
– 1 tbs. ground flaxseed or flaxseed oil (chia or hemp seed are also great options)
– handful of ice
– pinch of cinnamon
– 1 packet Starbucks VIA instant coffee (optional)
Blend all ingredients thoroughly in blender and serve immediately.